The Women’s Building (TWB) Community Resource Room (CRR) provides free, bilingual (English/Spanish) services, access to technology, and resources around employment, housing, health care, legal issues, and more. We are looking for volunteers to provide computer and technology assistance to visitors who come to The Women’s Building to use our Community Technology Lab.
Volunteers will work on Mondays, Tuesdays, or Fridays from 1-5pm.
- Provide culturally sensitive, one-on-one computer and technology assistance to visitors who drop in and/or make appointments.
- Assist computer lab users with procedures such as using e-mail, researching on the Internet, typing a resume, transferring and saving files, etc.
- Assist with administrative duties and data collection.
- Support the Community Technology Lab in special projects as they arise.
- Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Technologically proficient and knowledgeable of various computer applications.
- Conversational Spanish language abilities.
- Cultural competence in working with diverse populations, including communities of color, immigrants, LGBT communities, and persons of various ages, socioeconomic backgrounds, health status, and abilities.
- Must be able to work Monday, Tuesday, and/or Friday for at least a 2-hour shift between 1 and 5 pm.Rewards:
- Develop instructional skills and work with people in a friendly and open environment.
- Be a part of The Women’s Building community!
To apply, please fax, mail, or e-mail a letter of interest and availability to:
Community Technology Facilitator
Fax: 415-861-8969 Phone: 415-431-1180 x11
3543 18th St #8, San Francisco, CA 94110