The Women’s Building (TWB) is a multi-cultural, multi-service center in the Mission District of San Francisco. TWB provides services and programs to empower women and girls, a home to a variety of non-profit organizations, and a community center with meeting spaces. Our mission is to provide women and girls with the tools and resources they need to achieve full and equal participation in society.
Our Community Resource Room (CRR) is looking for interns to provide assistance to hundreds of visitors each year who call or come to The Women’s Building seeking information or a referral to address a need in their life. Our free, bilingual (English/Spanish) services provide critical access to resources for employment, housing, health care, legal services, and more. We offer information and referrals, access to technology, job search assistance, financial education, free tax preparation, an immigrant food pantry and a host of workshops.
This internship will specifically be working in the Job Search Program on Wednesday’s and/or Thursday’s from 1-5pm. Internship requires a 3 month minimum commitment.
Supervisor: Community Programs Coordinator
• Provide culturally sensitive information and referrals to visitors
• Assist clients in our computer lab and provide assistance with procedures such as applying for jobs or filling out forms
• Collect, update and organize information for binders, bulletin boards, and other materials in the CRR. Research information on community services and file in appropriate reference area.
• Assist with administrative duties and data collection
• Support The Women’s Building in special projects as they arise
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Cultural competence in working with diverse populations, including communities of color, immigrants, LGBT communities, and persons of various ages, socioeconomic backgrounds, health status, and abilities
• Commitment to social justice
• Spanish language skills
Training / Leadership Development Goals:
• Gain experience serving a diverse community and meeting real needs of women and their families.
• Become familiar with the myriad non-profit and government services in the Bay Area.
• Develop knowledge of and experience with community services and program operation.
To Apply: Please fax, mail, or email a letter of interest, resume and availability. Feel free to contact us if you have questions.
Contact: Kyle or Claudia
Fax: 415-861-8969 Phone: 415-431-1180 x11
3543 18th St #8, San Francisco, CA 94110